Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rose Cake Tutorial

I recently had a request from a new blogger friend for a tutorial on how I decorated the rose cake. I was so excited to get this request, and I wanted to get this post up as soon as possible, so I'm going to post this link rather than baking a cake and taking pictures myself. Mainly because I know I'd eat the whole thing if I made another one! Well, with the help of my husband of course. And after the cobbler I made this weekend (recipe to be posted soon), I figured I'd save us the calories.


Here's the website where I first saw the rose cake idea:


There's great step-by-step pictures here. She mentions covering the cake with a simple syrup before decorating, but I definitely did not do that. I frosted my cake with a base layer, and then with a icing bag and 1M tip (the big one), I just swirled circles all over the top of the cake. No particular pattern, just until it was covered. Rather than covering the entire cake, I just did the top, and then with the same tip (1M), I added little dollops of icing centered around the side of the entire cake. Hope this helps!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post! I shared your post on facebook for my friend Janet and I tweeted it! If I didn't quilt 24/7 I would bake! I think the swirls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete